My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fun Day For My Honey!

Today is a very special day for my Prince Charming yet everyday is extremely special for both of us and we live for today and look forward to the future!
Thursdays my honey goes to breakfast with the guys in our neighborhood at the local one-and-only restaurant we have in our area. All the guys have such a good time with each other!
While he was having his breakfast, I went to bake a his spice cake only to find out that oops, I didn't have the mix (yeah, I know a mix but it is good and fast). I went to my most favorite cookbook to find a spice cake to make from scratch. Hmmm, no buttermilk and no stores in our area - darn it. Keep looking... tons of cakes with one ingredient or another that I do not have until I found a Dark Mystic Chocolate Cake! He loves Dark Chocolate. That was the one and I had all the stuff including cake flour. Now for frosting, well I do have one in a can (yeah, I know instant frosting but it is good and fast) - heard that before? So since the cake came out terrific, I thought I would try my hand out with home-made dark frosting from scratch. Different story! Yucky constancy !!! So glad that I had the "can frosting" - It looked better and tastes great!!! Prince Charming came home from his breakfast about 11:30AM and has been busy with the yard and garden fence. Doing what he wanted to do today...

Now the funny thing. We are together all the time and to make my Prince Charming a card is next to impossible some times. This is the first single card that I've ever made over 18+ years of experience that took me DAYS to complete. In fact, I just finished it about an hour ago!

Tonight, he wants our Taco Night Dinner so that is what he gets!
I love the last day of April it's special!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

You are not only my kind of stamper, you are my kind of cook. Box, can,frozen all GOOD.

Jeanette