My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Within 7 days!

I do have a pretty good excuse for not posting as frequently as my goal was mentioned previously. My hands have been hurting me so much that I can barely type, that includes emails and everything else that I do on the computer. I needed to pick and choose what was most important on my priority list; the blog was not up as high as the other things. So you are wondering what in the heck I've been doing?

I belong to a Wonderful and Generous Group of Ladies who Create Cards to send to each other for ideas and fun. One gal, in particular, has a tender heart full of love, Lora, who looked into making specific Cards for Heroes (CardsForHeroes.org). What we do is make cards to send to our brave personnel so that they can send cards home to their Loved Ones at no cost to them. This year both Prince Charming and I have committed to support this wonderful cause to bring smiles to our Military Personnel and Their Families! We are proud of ourselves for doing this very small gesture and we are grateful that it was Lora who found this particular organization! Thank You, Lora!!!

Therefore, I've been very busy stamping and using my hands a lot more than normal. I get into a mode where I don't want to stop, then unfortunately I pay the price with my unwanted discomfort and it stops me for awhile. Oh well, it could be worse!

Let's talk about other things that are FUN!
My Prince Charming did cook this week and I loved it!
Quick glimpse:
Sunday - Hot Dogs
Monday - Thai
Tuesday - PC Cheated!!! Out to dinner
Wednesday - Tacos
Thursday - Meatloaf
Fridays - Leftovers

This whole week, my craft room/computer room stayed that way and did not turn into a Crap Room! Amazing, I'm on a new trend this year. Wish me luck please to keep up with this good habit.

Tuesday:
Our activities for today included leaving the house by 8:30 AM and dropping the truck off for its 10K mile check-up and whatever else they do stuff to keep it in great shape, breakfast at Denny's, visiting our friend at his home (he just had a hip replacement five days ago) and a few errands in town while we are there.

Our friend, Jim - hip replacement guy - it is amazing how the practice of medicine has improved. Jim was walking inside the house without a crutch but was told to walk with a crutch outside the house. He was off all pain meds for the first time when we came to visit him today! We went for a walk outside (with a crutch for stability only) and had a lovely visit for a few hours. He looks and feels great!

We picked up the truck and came home in separate vehicles. I made a side trip to Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Store, you can guess what I was doing, window shopping of course. NOT!!!! But it was on SALE, lol.

PC came home before me and he finished up the removal of ice from the driveway! What a feat (3 to 4 inches thick) that task was. He felt good about getting it all off and making it safer for everyone who enters our property. If we ever get this type of snow and ice again, we've learned our lesson and we will keep up with a daily removal and I will be out there helping instead of saying "no, leave it... I like it!" (be careful what you wish for is the lesson here). Oh, we need a snow shovel so feel free to give a gift or better yet, feel free to come up when this happens again and help out!

Then we went back to town to go out for dinner with our friends from the Model A Club that we used to belong to when we had our 1928 Model A Tudor and they had a 1931 Model A Pick-up. Oh our dinner was fantastic! We made reservation at the Gun Barrel. I had the Velvet Elk and PC had the Elk Chops dinners. Our friends we not so adventurous as us and they had Ribs and Fish. We all enjoyed our delicious dinners, wonderful conversations and getting to know each other outside of the car club interest. We will be getting together again soon.

Side Note: We sold our Model A last year and they decided to follow suit. They contacted us to use the same guy to sell theirs. The guy who marketed our Model A was recommended to us by the gentleman from Hawaii who purchased our Tiger a few years ago. It is nice to know and help people to achieve their desires whatever it might be and in this case it all started off with Classic Cars Interests!

Wednesday, PC rode our new bikes to make sure all of the screws and bolts were tight so it would be safe for both of us to start riding. All things checked out great, of course, he did assemble it himself. I on the other hand decided to stamp, stamp and stamp! My day started off pretty good until the red ink spilled all over my hands and made an incredible mess. I'm laughing, cursing and cleaning up but it is just too late to get the dye off my hands before it stains me. So I looked like a bloody mess. I said, "looked" oh well, it will come off in a couple of days. My envelopes look GREAT, though. It was worth the mess.

Wednesday night is designated as card night and we need a quick and easy dinner. Well let me tell you, it was everything but as simple as you think. Sounds simple but with the details of preparation with a whole lot of love from my PC, we had the BEST ground pork tacos! Fresh lettuce sliced thin, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes and onions, lightly fried white corn tortillas was our splendid dinner! (I prefer non red meat tacos and PC made sure this week to have a variety of different meals) That is why he is MY PC!!!

Pinochle was great fun as usual, with the exception that it was girls against boys. The boys whooped us girls to shame, kicked our butts, cleaned our clock, but they didn't skunk us. Total game wins: Boys 6 to Girls 2

Thursday, I finished up most of my creations and packaged them up for mailing and PC enjoyed his day of do nothing. Today's events captured us completely with the heroic landing of the Airbus 320 in New York State. Wow, Captain Sully is a Hero!

In celebration of today's good news, my PC made his famous Meat Loaf for me along with his Spicy "boxed" potatoes and mixed veggies. He was going to make this dinner any way but it was nice to say "Celebration" because the world news actually had a Pleasant and Successful day in News! So let's all Celebrate!!!

It is now FRIDAY and you guess it. It is catch-up time on the blog. You already know what is for dinner, leftovers. We will say today is a catch-up day and do whatever we want to do!

So if I am able to keep my Craft Room/Computer Room clean all week each day, then I am beginning to get my organizational skills to work again (as if I'm at work) so I will make every effort to schedule a blog entry more often. Patience, patience, I'm new at this.
Bye-bye for now!

No comments: