My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some Days are better than others...

Yesterday my day started off terrific! My PC made me breakfast and my favorite morning drink, coffee! PC always makes me coffee every single morning, no kidding. Then we planned to go into town and that's when it all started.
PC showered, shaved and dressed. My turn. I went into the shower and within seconds I turned the wrong way and pulled my back. I stayed in with the hot water running on my lower back hoping it will relieve the immediate pain. Did not happen. So I struggled to do my thing and get out as fast as I could. Then I finished up and presentable to go into town.

PC drove and we went on our errands. I looked very funny hobbling when walking, even funnier trying to get in and out of the car, sitting and standing was a show too. I just can't seem to get comfortable so the OTC medicine was my only way to keep my comfortability under control.

The lighter side of this situation was that I lost my appetite completely so perhaps I might shed some excess weight - I don't recommend doing it this way but I will take it any way I can!
PC wanted to have lunch in town and since I wasn't hungry, I said sure. So this was his opportunity to eat something that he normally doesn't do. So we went to a fried chicken place that everyone knows - name will be omitted but you can guess - the icon used to be a Colonel Sanders. Within a couple of hours, PC tummy was tossing and turning to the point of "running" to the little boy's room! So to say the least, PC didn't eat any dinner and I had a small snack to get me nourished.

Wednesday's are our card night. We got creamed, gee, I wonder why? But we did have fun even though both PC and I were not ourselves!

Now for the kicker, our family and friends know we have Wednesday Night Card night and everyone knows not to call unless it is extremely important. Well, can you guess?
Yep, we received a telephone call to tell us that my Mom tripped and fell, hit her head into the wall and made a hole 1 foot in diameter - missed the stud! Not only that but landed on her back and tailbone. Mom did this in the morning (wow, I pulled my back in the morning) and then she contacted my brother and told him she was going to her Normal Doctor's Appointment.

By the time Mom drove herself to her doctor's office, she was feeling the PAIN. So much pain that her doctor admitted her to the hospital right then! The good thing is the hospital is across the street from his office and the hospital immediately took her to start all of the tests from HEAD to TOE!

The not so good thing, she was placed into emergency for more than 8 hours because they didn't have any beds available. A note here, there were 6 emergency patients prior to her that were waiting as well. This is a huge hospital - what is going on with this very highly respected hospital in CA? I want you to know late last year we had a more serious situation with my Mom and we were waiting in the emergency room again for a room for more than 6 hours back then.

When we finally got a room, it wasn't the LACK of beds, it was LACK of PERSONNEL, nurses! What the heck is wrong here! We pay for health insurance and hospitals should not have a skeleton crew to run this place! My Mom is no spring chicken, she is in her early 80's. I just don't understand! CA is so different from where we live now and I grew up in CA without these problems of waiting.

As you all know, last year my PC had a life-threatening accident and he was taken care of immediately here in our state! The little tiny hospital that we first went to had plenty of health care officials, the big hospital was fully equipped for the care of people. I'm upset and can't understand why such a up-to-date hospital in a upscale area of CA can be so ill equipped for any situation!

So now I'm waiting to see if we need to go to CA and I should find out over the weekend. She will be in the hospital for observation for the next several days.

My darling PC has been in bed all morning, I've been checking on him every 15 minutes and he is sleeping soundly now. My back is not letting me "DOWN" and I'm doing what I need to do.

Keep tuning in for the continous saga of our lives!

1 comment:

Mel O'Donnell said...

I'm so sorry to hear your PC is ailing! And you too! I hope both of you will be feeling much better so you can go to CA if you need to without any extra medicines for the two of you!!

Be well!
Mel