My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Question and Answer Time

Okay, I had some time to think about the Big Question:
What would you do if you knew you would not fail?

This one was actually not as hard as I thought it would be. I needed to think about it, ponder, search my memory bank of all the things that I failed at and then a light bulb went on BRIGHT!

In August 2008, I decided to color my hair by myself from a box. I knew I would not fail because it has to be easy so many other people do it why not me. So I went and bought color in a box. Read the directions and understood the steps, easy. I prepared the bottles, did the applications per directions & made sure my hair was completely saturated and combed through, bagged my hair and waited the time it said for me. The box said to add 5 minutes to the time for people who have gray hair, I have silver so I decided to add the additional 5 minutes for my "silver" hair.

Ding! Ding! Ding! The time is up and it is time to wash it out. So into the shower I go. Did my thing and rinsed it all out per the directions. Wrapped my hair in the hair towel and finished my shower with a big smile on my face because I know the color is going to be so close to my "OLD" natural color.

Done with my shower and I come out. I'm dried off enough to take the hair towel off. Standing in front of the large mirror behind our sinks, the towel is removed.

Okay, here is a visual. You know the movie with the little kid who is SCREAMING and HOLDING HIS FACE! Yep, that was MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I was screaming OMG, OMG, What did I do!

The results were Orange Colored Hair. The fix was calling the number on the box and seeing what to do and they wanted me to purchase more boxes of colors and fix it because this time it will work.

My fix was NOT! Do not do it myself again, I learned my lesson!!!!

So I was able to get an appointment with my hair stylist (to which I should have gone to first, but I wanted to be successful myself and do it the EZ way, NOT!)

Three appointments in 8 weeks time to fix the mess I created and $200.00 less in my pocket, I'm still suffering the effects of something that I did that I knew I wouldn't fail; right!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: