Plan A - our 1st. destination was to go up to our beautiful mountains about 3 hours away to one of our most favorite get-a-way spots! The road was still closed for snow.
Plan B - so we decided to go to somewhere new that we really wanted to visit so we went East just to find out that the weather was fabulous, the town was cute and ATVing was NON-Existent along with no dry camping in the wilderness available (which we prefer) and the RV parks were so populated it was not something we were willing to do.
Plan C - on the road again and we decided to go visit our friends where we purchased our ATV last year. Surely, the area has a place for us to camp and ride! The weather was beautiful and we were at a higher elevation which made it impossible for the roads to ATV & tow our trailer safely.
Plan D - we will go to yet another great spot about two hours away and a bit lower in elevation. We arrived and it was lovely with the exception of a tree in the middle of the road and the road having huge ruts so our trailer would not be able to make it up to our spot. Besides there was a control burn in the forest so there was a bit of smoke in the air!
Plan E - Last attempt because Plan "F" is going home!
Success!!! We went to a great place in the woods and the funny thing is that it really is an RV Park but not well known, thank goodness. We go here at least once a year. It gives us full hook-ups and it is completely in the woods with ATV riding close to us! Perfect! Right?
Wrong - My ATV decided to take a poop and not start up for some reason. We tried everything to get it started - it ran fine at home - very strange. Thank goodness we load & unload it with our wench. So Prince Charming said, Everything happens for a reason, honey. You are getting a new one and that's it! So we called our friends (Ref. Plan C) and arranged for an ATV.
All in all - we had a lot of lemons dealt to us and we made our Sweet Lemonade for ourselves! It is all how you handle your situation. We had a great time during 1100 mile trip with one day of riding our ATV but hey, Prince Charming and I only need each other to be happy and once again, it was living proof of our happy and fun loving relationship!
Happy Mother's Day to all! I'm having a great one because I am a Mom and no matter where I am I will always be a Mom who is loved and I know it!
2 comments:
how fun!! I love atv's... you where helmets, right??
Sounds like an alphabet soup fersher! HA! I'm glad you got a new ATV and that the two of you enjoy them. You two seem to have so much fun together! I'd bet you're a hoot to be around! I miss our chats!
Post a Comment