Because I don't have any black on white background pattern paper, I made my own and you can see just how I used it in two different ways. The face of the card, I inked it all up with different shades of ink to bring out the sunflowers. Yet on the bottom of the inside of the card (which is the easel holding the card), I left it without any color for my own background paper.
Stamp Sets:
Dream Impressions: Sunflower and Embossing Accents
Gina K. Designs: Fanciful Tags
Stampin' Up: More Great Greetings
Cuttlebug:
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags
Nestabilities Classic Ovals and Classic Scalloped Ovals.
Card stock: White, Black and Olive Green
Black Ribbon
Background paper Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Distress Inks: Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Vintage Phote and Brushed Corduroy.
Marker to color the large flower in the background only was yellow
For the sunflowers and leaves: Memento Inks and I blended many of them to get the effect I wanted.
Tangelo, Potter's Clay, Cantaloupe, Dandelion, Desert Sand.
New Sprout, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivy
(Please note: I actually doubled stamped slightly off on each sunflower and then cut it out and layered. It gave the sunflowers more fullness, true to life.)
Each sentiment was stamped with Bamboo Leaves only.
Oops, I forgot to take a picture of the envelope but what I did was take my background stamp and made a row across the front and back in black and then colored the large flowers and smaller flowers in yellow.
Please reference these earlier postings for techniques:
Posted June 26, 2011
How to make an Easel Card
Posted June 8, 2011
How to make your own Background Paper
Thanks so much for visiting and come back again!
Your Friend,


No comments:
Post a Comment