This folds perfectly as a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" standard card!
Supplies:
Card stock for the base, soft-pale green
Card stocks for the Face Card:
Purple, Black, Ivory
Stamp Sets:
The Angel Company (TAC): Friends and Flowers
Gina K. Designs: Heartily Yours Additions
Inks:
Memento: Tuxedo Black, Grape Jelly, Lulu Lavender and Bamboo Leaves
Copics: YG93 Grayish Yelllow, YG95 Pale Olive, Y06 Yellow, V17 Amethyst, V12 Pale Lilac, V06 Lavender, V15 Mallow
Tools and Accessories: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags, Black Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Scissors, Score-Pal, Dimensionals (Pop-Dots) and Adhesives.
This is the "Easel" part of the card
This is what the card looks like when you open it up. Plenty of room to write your very special message to that birthday person!
My easy to follow how to do an Easel card:
Base Card
Card stock 8-1/2 x 11"
Cut card stock in half, lengthwise
Final measurement: 11 long x 4-1/4 wide
Score at the 5-1/2" mark, which is in half.
Score again the top half of the card, in half, which is 2-3/4".
Please notice the way the card is scored and FOLDED in opposite directions.
That is the hardest part! Pretty easy; isn't it?
Create your Card Face as long as it is either the exact same size in width and length at 5-1/2 x 4-1/4 or layer it like I did with smaller dimensions.
View 1:
Place your Card Face on the top flap that measures 2-3/4" with good adhesive.
View 2:
I think this is a better view to adhere your card face to the flap that measured 2-3/4".
This is where you can get really creative.
To make this card like an EASEL,
you must have something at the bottom of our card base to support your card face.
I will call it the "Easel Support"
I tried to be careful with my measurements to fit like colors and I was successful.
I also coordinated the Fancy Tags with the makeshift buckle I made on my ribbon.
There are many different ideas out there in our crafty world of card making for an easel support. I decided that I wanted my card to lay flat without any protruding lumps and bumps. Easier to mail that way too.
I used pop-dots to raise the purple card stock ever so light up.
Now my card can be displayed without any of my personal message showing!
Should you have any questions, please make a comment and I will answer you back either with a comment and/or an email if I have your email address.
Thanks for visiting me! I hope you come back again.





1 comment:
I love this! I am so doing this one... great colors and style!
Post a Comment