This is a Tall Tri-fold card. In this picture, I opened one of the cards and placed another one on top to show you the complete card.
I really like a lot of writing room and with these cards it is easy!
Start off with 12x12 card stock and your #10 envelopes (legal size).
Try to remember to decorate the outside of your envelopes because it really does make a pretty difference when that special person receives a card.
Below is the way I made these cards and if you do something like this, make sure you have plenty of time and all of your supplies at your fingertips. Making these cards was very therapeutic for me. It makes me think of everyone who is in love with each other even though they may be miles and miles away from one another.
Yes, this is the continuation of my Operation Write Home cards. My box of cards is now half full and I'm still stamping away!
Yes, this is the continuation of my Operation Write Home cards. My box of cards is now half full and I'm still stamping away!
Cricut Expression (features used: quantity and flip)
Cricut Cartridge Animal Kingdom, Giraffe 5 inches
Stamp set:
Gina K. Designs, How Sweet It Is!
Dream Impressions, Safari Textures
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug folder Leafy Branch
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two
Ribbon
12x12 paper cut to 12 x 9-1/4 that will fit into #10 envelopes
Fold paper into thirds (4 inch panels) so it is a tri-fold card, plenty of writing room
Card stock colors: Natural, Husk, Very Light Green
Inks:
Toffee Brown
Distress Ink, Peeled Paint
Copic, E37-Sepia
Before using my Cricut Expression, I stamped the paper with the Giraffe Pattern Stamp. I made sure to use the same stamp with ink ~ stamped three times so that the pattern would be different shades. It just so happened that I enjoyed having the face of the giraffe a lighter color than the body so it was either the second or third use of the stamp.
Copic was used for the ear, outline of the horns, eyes, nose, hooves and tail.
I lightly dragged the peeled paint ink pad over the embossed leaves.
Thanks for swing by and I hope you come back often. Happy Stampin' and Keep Smilin'!
Your Friend,

1 comment:
I love the colors!
Post a Comment