My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

How did I do that?

I received an email on how do I do what I do - what are your steps:  Your Idea, layout, stamps, inks, embellishments.
I thought about that email and came up with this immediately.  Surprised me too!  Wow, a fast idea.
These are my steps:
What is it that I want to do?  Look at my stamps (gosh, I am so glad I have many to work with).
Look at my card stock, well, right now I'm on a kick to do tri-fold cards for #10 envelope so I look at my supply of 12x12 card stock.
My theme?  It doesn't always come to me because if it did, I would be making cards each day and I don't.  I try to do something different and all types of techniques, new and old.  It depends on my time just as much as to whether there will be a lot of details or not, a lot of embellishments or not, a lot of techniques or not.
I might incorporate other tools of the hobby, for instance, the Cricut and/or Cuttlebug or just keep it straight stamping.
Once I have my idea, I make my sample card as seen above.
If I like my idea, I will usually sleep on it overnight or think about for several hours.
Then I will get my supplies.
Cut the base of the card - Black
Cut the layers - Black and Oatmeal Speckle
Pick my Stamps, stamp card stock and cut 
The tools I used for this process was the Cuttlebug with two different Spellbinders and one folder
(1) Shapeabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Two (Ribbon)
(2) Nestabilities Classic Ovals Large 
(3) Folder Swiss Dots
Because I do multiple cards for the most part, I like to do an assembly and do each step at one time.  For me, it goes faster and more organized should I need to stop for hours or days in the middle of a project.
Ink: Black
Ribbon
Lots of adhesives
Stamp sets:
This project has one unidentified stamp set which happens to be everything on the card itself.  I purchased this stamp set at my local stamp store and it was in the bargain bin some time ago.  I threw out the cellophane wrapper with the name of it.  Not only does it have the words, it has corresponding cute faces!
The envelopes have The Angel Company (TAC) stamps, Heart Smile (TG101) and the number T2320 sorry I don't have a name of it.





My sample card is not put together, it is just sitting for my view to follow.
What I did first was to use my cuttlebug and emboss with the folder so the swiss dots would appear.
I ran a black ink pad lightly over the bumps so I get black dots.

You do notice that since I'm making a #10 card, the measurements of the card stock does not fit the folder, normally.

Then I attach the oatmeal swiss dots to the black card stock.

I place the card stock in the folder and run it through the Cuttlebug.




Then I reverse the paper and run the remaining paper through the cuttlebug.








I do run the folder through two different ways because of the length of the paper and folder.  I don't want to have a LINE in the middle of the pattern from the folder.
I so happen to have a little tip that I will share.
Looking above at the cover plate, read on, please.

Look closely you can see the edge of the FOLDER sticking out and NOT COVERED by the plate.
When you do that and line up your pattern, you will NOT have the line in your longer lengths of paper.

You can also turn your folder a different way to slide through the cuttlebug see below:
Here is a different view:
  I turned the folder, do not cover up the folder all the way with the top plate.
If you do, you will flatten out your pattern.
Been there, done it!
Here is the one single piece of card stock without any lines from the patterned folder!




Now the fun and fast part starts to happen and it only takes a few moments.  Of course, it depends just how many cards you are doing as well.

I place the family on top of the tag and thread the ribbon.
Then I secure this whole assembly with adhesive and place it together on the layered oatmeal swiss dotts and black card stock.
My next step is to adhere the face of the card to the base.

Final step, attach the rest of the stamped names onto the card without having any true pattern in mind.

When I do this process, each of my cards are different, yes similar but always different in a small way.

The finished project.
I always try to remember to decorate the envelopes and I did the face of these with the TAC stamp sets.
The sentiments read:
You make my heart smile!
our family
together forever

I want to say thank you to the sweet person who asked me to post my how did I do that?  
You know who you are!
Thank YOU!
And, thank you to everyone who comes to visit my blog including the shy ones!  xoxoxo
Have a great day of stampin' and always try to make a person smile by giving them a
hand-made card by you!
Sincerely,

No comments: