My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Distress Ink In Style

This is the finished card.
The Main Technique is Distress Inks
How I made my project:
Supplies:
120lb weight card stock by Gina K. because I really like the fact it has a smooth slight sheen to the white card stock which allows distress inks to glide easily that I created for my background paper.
Black Card stock
Pink, Light Pink and Ginger Root card stocks
Tools:
Stamp-a-ma-jig
Cricut Expression
Cricut Cartridge, Nifty Fifties - "Dress" and "Girl"
Measurement at 4-1/4"
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags
Inks and Pens:
Dew Drop Memento Tuxedo Black
Copic Sketch RV04, Shock Pink and 0 Colorless Blender
Variety of Adhesive
Stamp Sets:
Dream Impressions, Embossing Accents (used on the background)
Gina K., Celebrate in Style (phrase only)

I did not have in my stock of papers a Black and White background so the next best thing is to create my own design with my choice of stamp sets.
I needed help with the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the stamp align at best as I could.  Because of the small stamp, I
chose the dew drop small ink pad rather than the larger stamp pad.  I made a continuous stamp design on a 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of White 120lb card stock with the same single stamp.
I only needed to fill the sheet of card stock enough for a total size of 5x3-3/4" for my background so obviously I made sure by making covering the white card stock in a larger measurement.


I selected my Distress Ink pads for this project:
Tattered Rose
Vintage Photo
Worn Lipstick



And one by one inked the paper by sliding the pad gently across the card stock.

The next color I wanted to have the effect of an aged look so I used the vintage photo to smooth over the card stock and even over some of the tattered rose.


I finally decided that my card needed a bit more color and added my final third distress ink, worn lipstick.
I made sure during this process of using all of the distress ink pads that I left some WHITE showing.

This is the Distress Ink technique with Three Inks and I was inspired by Gina K. to try out my way of doing this technique.  I'm sure there are plenty of different ways of doing this technique on Patterned Paper but I did NOT have it so I made my own.  I think it came out pretty.
So the hint or lesson here is:  Look at all of your stamps, pick out any type of stamps and create your very own unique background paper yourself.  Have fun doing this technique and I hope you share with me what you have done yourself.  Sharing is the best way to learn and improve!

Something else to try!
Using my copic sketch pens, I decided to add more pink to the sleeves of  blouse and to the bottom fringe of the dress, I used the shock pink pen.  I needed to add something else to make it pop out a bit more so I used the colorless blending pen and made tiny dots on top of my shock pink shaded areas and this is the best pictures I was able to take to show how it looks.  It really does show on the actual card so try this too.  It was fun and extremely easy!
Tiny dots on the sleeves





The fringe was colored first with shock pink and then I placed really tiny dots of the colorless pen to highlight.

Thank you for coming by to see my techniques and I hope that you have a very happy stampin' day!
Place a smile on someone's face - make a card with this technique!

Your friend,
 

(It appears that I'm having some difficulties with my signature so I apologize.  It has its own mind and shows when it wants to and then there are times it won't whatsoever!)
StampinSher

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow I love this! Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Sharon