My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Legal at 21 Years!


Are you confused?  Don't be because I will explain it to you in this posting, but first How I Made the Card.
My husband who I call "PC" (Prince Charming) was reading our newspaper today and he cut this out of the funnies for me because it really is a reflection of our life.

I trimmed the cartoon
Grabbed my Cuttlebug and two Spellbinders Nestabilities:  Classic Scalloped Rectangles and Fancy Tags
Card stocks: Light blue for the base and inside Dark Deep Blue; Gold for the tag
Ink:  Memento Danube Blue
Clear Embossing Powder and Heat Gun
Dark Blue Ribbon (almost an exact match on the inside card stock)
Adhesive and pop-dots

I placed my light blue card stock into the cuttlebug with the scalloped rectangle and cut it out.
On the inside of the card, I placed the cartoon where I wanted it and used adhesive to hold in place.
I then placed my smaller dark blue card stock to completely line the inside just short about 1/8th of an inch all around and used adhesive to hold it all in place really good.
Now when PC opened the card, he did not see my cut out and since I wrote in Gold Ink on the Dark Blue card stock, my message was bold and very easy to read exactly what I wanted.

This is the very first time that I ever used something like a newspaper to make a card.  You don't always need stamps or digi stamps or patterned paper to get your message across to that special person.  Be creative and try new and different things.  I hope to inspire you and always remember, Happy Stampin' and bring a smile to a person by making a hand-made card!
A little history.
 Yesterday - June 23rd, 2011 was our 21st. Wedding Anniversary! 
So when you celebrate "21 Years" it is usually the legal age to drink alcohol.  
Now that we are of legal age in marriage, we can toast one another with a drink, Cheers!

I would like to share with you that "Prince Charming" ("PC") is charming and it is my name that I call my loving husband from the first day we have been together when I laid my eyes on him - he just didn't know yet!

To My Dear Lady Friends, 
Believe!  It is true!  You will know when you find your Prince Charming!
Thanks for coming into my world of happiness and smiles!

No comments: