One of our most favorite organizations is Operation Write Home. Please go to the OWH blinkie on the left side of my blog to learn more about this wonderful organization that supports our soldiers so they can write home to all of their family and friends. You can help too in many ways: Monetary Contributions, Envelopes, Letters to a Hero/Soldier and of course card making.
I'm almost ready to share my promise but not quite yet. Let's start off with this:
What can you create with all of your odd pieces of cardstock?
How about some of your crafting tools that you haven't used in a long, long time?
I've started my Promise and projects with these things items and I will be creating more and more. How about you joining with me and pulling out your lovingly old crafting tools that you have might been ignoring for a bit too long?
Wipe off the dust, if necessary and try some old and fun techniques that you used to do!
This is what I'm going to do!
I'm making cards and decorating the envelopes to send to Operation Write Home that will fit into
legal size envelopes, 4-1/8" x 9-1/2" (#10).
My PROMISE is to make sure that there is a lot of writing room for our heroes that have a lot to say in one letter. This particular card is a three-fold card and if a hero wants to write even more, there is actually one more panel to write on.This creation may look busy but it really isn't when you look at it in person.
Stamp sets:
Gina K. Designs, The Journey
Dream Impressions, Thoughts of you
White Glossy cardstock
Red, White and Blue cardstock
Red and Blue ink
Spellbinders tags
Ribbon (Thank You Jan)
Heart rhinestones
Ballpoint blue ink pen
This is the first group of card creations that I was able to use with strange sizes of cardstock that I've had for a long time stashed away.
I am planning to take out my tools and get reacquainted with them along with my stashed of leftover cardstocks.
I invite you to think about my promise and perhaps you might join with me doing this project. If you do join me make sure you include the envelopes when you mail it to OWH!
I will call this Promise and Project
"Lots of Writing"
for our Soldiers!
In closing, write me and/or leave a comment to tell me that you are going to join in my effort and please spread the word because it really is for our Heroes who love to write home!
THANK YOU!


6 comments:
I've mailed many cards to "Operation Write Home" so some where out there my cards are floating around to our soldiers so they can write home to love ones...
great looking cards my friend
I also have a lot of my cards that I have sent to OWH. It is a wonderful organization for our troops and it's the least we can do for what they are giving us! Keep up the good work because your cards are great!
Hugs to you,
Jane
Hi Shari, this such a wonderful organization thank you for posting this. Lora at CM currently has a post for cards for OWH. We are making Thinking of you, Anniversary and Thank you cards that are due mid November.
Hi, Sounds like you are busy creating again and for a good cause. I was just thinking of bundling up some of my cards and sending to a good cause. This will be perfect.
Hi, thanks for sharing it for a great cause! I am also sending a box of cards to OWH in a couple of days. I have an OWH cardmaking Party today at Elk Grove Grocery Outlet Conference Room, California. Wishing you all the best!
Hi. Just read your post. I am sooooo happy that you are able to start making cards again! These are wonderful and the troops will just love them! Will write you via email or call. Love ya. L...
Post a Comment