My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Holiday Gifts and Fun Ideas!

How about getting ahead of the game with creating some very simple inexpensive gifts?  These projects can be done for actually any occasion; birthdays, anniversaries, showers, Halloween, Thanksgiving you name it and you can do it; just use your imagination and have fun.
Here are a few examples with sewing, paperclay and cinnamon!
Over the years, the smell of this 2002 cinnamon ornament is still smelling beautiful.  I did have one little accident, but I repaired it. Can you see the tiny broken piece?  The camera picks up on it more than the naked eye.


More cinnamon ornaments and sewing ornaments which include stamping with rubber stamps and inks, liquid applique and glitter including the embellishment of bells and gold string. I love making these rubber-stamped-sewn ornaments they mail great together right along with the cinnamon and paperclay ornaments.  Very lightweight.

The Santa Claus is made with paperclay using a rubber stamp, decorated with acrylic paints, glitter, liquid applique.

If you look closely toward the right side of the edge of the picture with the full Santa, you will see the napkin holder sideways which is the Face of Santa.

I have done  Napkin holders for Thanksgiving, Birthdays, special occasions when needed.  It is a very versatile gift made with rubber stamps, paperclay, paints, glitter, liquid applique and anything else you can think of.

Everyone needs Napkin Holders on their very special table of celebrations.  Why not make them as a personal gift for the ones you love?  Tons of fun to have the whole family or a bunch of friends to join in together making these very simple paperclay projects.
Check out this site (link below) for the where and more terrific ideas to get your Creative Paperclay.










I've taken a shortcut and took the picture of the recipe for the Cinnamon Ornaments from McCormick spices.  If you still have trouble seeing the instructions, please contact me and I'll get back to you.  Try to click onto the picture (Cntrl, Left Click of mouse) to enlarge it.
Finally, did you see the light bulb which is paper-mache and of course the little candle holders converted into the small bowls filled cookie cut-outs of stars with a lovely cinnamon smell.  Really easy table decorations.  The ideas are endless with this recipe to incorporate with all of your gifts.  If you are not thrilled with the cinnamon color when you do your projects, use glitter and liquid applique to paint it up.  The coverage is terrific and the smell is beautiful.  Please NOTE:  These projects are not, NOT EDIBLE.
Enjoy and thank you for coming by to visit me. 
All comments are much appreciated!


No comments: