My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yummy Creations!

This was so much fun! Our wonderful neighbor has a great apricot tree and most season we have an abundance of apricots too.

Each year he requests me to make my jam with his apricots - oh what a task, NOT. It is a pleasure and an honor to be asked!

Unfortunately, I was only able to make one batch of jam. Why? Because the birds who have been attacking our trees and ate all of our cherries decided it was time to go for the apricots! Within just days from hard and green apricots to beautiful golden orange and firm ready to pick apricots I was able to salvage about 6 cups of apricots. So one batch of jam is better than none!

Also, for the first time I decided to try my hand out in making dried apricots. I had about a dozen leftover, besides the fresh ones you see there too, and made those. I do not have a dehydrator so I used the old fashion method way of doing it. In the oven. It takes a long time but they came out great and yummy. There is another way of doing it too. Placing them in your car. I decided that might not be the best way for me since I didn't want to have my car sit outside in the sun. I'll stick to the traditional method way of doing it in the oven until I get a dehydrator!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

I love apricots. You and your birds are so lucky to have your own cherries and apricots. I really enjoy the birds in my yard until they eat more of my figs than I do. I finally got a bird net to go over the tree. Mine is a dwarf patio plant so I don't know if that is a practical solution for you.

Yum!!!
Jeanette