I love creative paper clay and I been using it for years! It is just so easy, fun, quick and extremely versatile for many different projects that I do all through the year.
Supplies:
Creative Paper Clay (follow directions or be like me and bake it)
Stamp set
Paint (I use All purpose Acrylic Paints)
Gel Stain
Gloss Varnish
Cutting tool
Glitter Glue
Dimensional fabric paint and/or liquid appliqué
ribbon
Below is the project and I believe you can figure it out "the how to do it part." I will mention this though, when you use the gel stain, make sure you apply it and then with a NOT SO damp cloth gently wipe the gel off to your liking - I enjoy the antique look and how it pops out the details of the stamp. Paint, varnish and then add your embellishments!
If you need me to explain more, just ask.
I used my photograph program to darken the background Christmas Tree so you can see the ornament better. Santa shines a lot with the VARNISH so picture taking is a little more difficult. There is a lot of white sparkle on the fur of the coat and the white ball of the hat. Gold glitter glue in the yellow stars and some dots surround Santa. The boots also have gold glitter. Working with paper clay gives you the 3-D experience and an opportunity for so much texture! I hope you will give it a go and try it.Oh my gosh, if you look closely at yesterday's posting on the tree you will see my Santa's Head that I made as a napkin holder (individual gifts one year at our dinner party). That has white liquid appliqué on it!
No comments:
Post a Comment