My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Monday, August 30, 2010

One Year Ago and Now Today!

The year sure does go by quickly and the old saying goes, don't count your chickens before they hatch!  In this case, I do not have to take a chance and count any further because I made my goal with sweet success.   I have a lot to share with you and I certainly hope you enjoy your experience here at my blog. 
One year ago this month, August, our daughter became a wife - she got married!  Since that wonderful event our son-in-law and daughter have purchased their first home together.  It just so happens their home is in a rural type area and they are pleased to call it their "farm."  They have a tractor and a rooster they named "Fred" with a few chickens who just hatched their very first round of eggs!!!  Fred is no longer allowed to be with the chickens so he hangs out on the tractor waiting for the kids to take him for a ride!  Look closely and you will see some eggs too.
I made this card on a smaller scale once before and it is posted somewhere in the archives of my blog.  This time I decided to make this card huge!  As you can see the card is standing freely with a place mat behind the card so you can see it clearly.  The card is approximately 11-1/2 inches when folded, 9 inches tall and when the card is fully open it is approximately 22 inches long.  I made it with my fantastic Cricut Expression machine, Design Studio, Jukebox and Three cartridges: My World, George and Basic Shapes, Animal Kingdom.  The detail drawing on the tractor was done with the cricut color inks.  I just love using my DS and creating cards from several different cartridges!  Especially making any image into a folding card, so much fun and I think it is my most favorite use of the Expression.

I have something special to share with you on this fun celebration.  It has been a year since the kids have been married.  I have finally completed the three phases of their scrapbook documenting the planning of the wedding all the way to their first anniversary! It is going to be mailed this week!!!

Go ahead and enjoy the video I made just for this occasion.


For your convenience I have placed the links below for the previous scrapbook projects.
and 

Thank you for dropping in to see what I've been doing lately.  Come back often and I really do appreciate your kinds comments.  Take care, until the next project ~ see ya!


3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hi Sher, You sound like you are feeling so much better now. I think your huge tractor card is so cute. Poor Fred can't play with the girls anymore. The scrapbook turned out great. I can't believe that it's been a year. You're right lots has happened in that year.

terrie said...

Awesome video, thanks for sharing this album with all of us...it turned out so nice...Give yourself a big pat on the back for doing an excellent job...
I too love the tractor card...well done my friend....
Happy Anniversary to the couple...

Margaret said...

Hi Sher, the video is great you did an awesome job putting it together.

Hugs,
Margaret