My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Need a Tissue?


I was able to make cards for my most favorite organization, Operation Write Home!  They were received and will be making the long trip to our Heroes so they can write home to their loved ones.

Now you get it!  
My design of these cards were inspired from my girlfriend, Terri, who made cards using colorful tissue boxes as background paper for her paper-crafting cards.
Yep, I used every bit of the boxes that I could to make these different cards.  So the next time you need a tissue, save the box and see what you will create!

Below are some fun pictures so you can get a better idea how to use your tissue boxes - a fun way of recycling and Placing a Smile on someone's face with a Hand-made Card!  Enjoy.

My collection of Kleenex boxes just from our home! 
Flatten them out and get ready to use you trimmer.
 
Now for a good workout, trimming!

Now go for it and piece together you creation.  Oh, by the way ~ there are some hazards when doing this project so try not to do what I did!  See for yourself, Tissue Box Cut on my Thumb, LOL...

The cards with the Top Opening of the box and Bow
Stamp Set:
Gina K. Designs, Love Notes
The sentiment reads: "As we grow older together, As we continue to change with age, There is one thing that will never change...
I will always keep falling in love with you."

The cards with the Tissue coming out of the top
Stamp Sets Used are from The Angel Company and Stampin' Up.
I embossed the tag stamp with coordinating colors to the tissue box and stamped the sentiment "miss you..." without heat embossing.  Attached the with coordinating brads.

Just a note:  I did trim the Tissue card to fit a standard A2 Card.  Otherwise, if you didn't it is a card that will be 4x6.

Thanks for checking in on me to see what I've been up to.  Until next time, your turn to place a smile on someone's face with a hand-made card that you create. 
Happy Stampin'

2 comments:

Louise Fox said...

May hat off to you, O Clever One! This may change the way I purchase Kleenex - what boxes will look good as cards! The sentiment is perfect! You go girl! L...

terrie said...

I'm so happy that your back to crafting cards again...Hee Haw...
I love the cards that you made even the sympathy card (thou for a sad time)but very nice anyway..
Love the the idea of using the tissue box...
I have a whole draw full of panel from tissues boxes...
I too will be using the oval top of tissue box with the fourth grader who loves to make cards...
take care my friend...
sincerely, terrie