My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Creative Moment

The same day I made my Love Note card for my wonderful PC which is posted the day or so before, I was also able to make a wedding card for our niece for her wedding day - April 3rd.  Yes, we missed the wedding in California but I was able to make a hand-made card with the help of my Cricut, Stamp Sets and of course, emblishments!  Boy was this EASY.  Amazing what you can do when you are not at the top of your game.  I am very pleased as to the final outcome.  Oh, an envelope was also made - Cricut, Wild Card Cartridge. Stamp set by Gina K. Designs, A beautiful life.

I stamped the butterflies several times onto patterned paper - I didn't have to color them, yippee.  Seven black butterflies and two rouge chalk.  Then I actually stamped the card with black & rouge butterflies where I was going to place them.  (all but the inside of the card as you can see those butterflies do not have the little antennas, oops).  I added some highlighting glitter to the top and bottom butterflies only onto the outline of the butterfly and just a tiny hint to the wings on some of the lines.  Added Pink pearls and stamped the saying in chalk rouge.  The middle butterflies and the ones without the antennas I added metallic rub-ons in the cameo pink color - using my finger.  The names are from the Wedding Invitation, I cut them out and placed some metallic cameo pink onto it then glued them on the wings of the butterflies.  Inside of the card I cut out a liner with patterned paper just for the left side of the card only (that is where there are no antennas on the butterflies, lol).
The butterflies are layered the top has 2 each, the middle, bottom and inside butterflies only one each - it shows as if they are in motion flying.
 
Why so pink?  The invitations were this color and the wedding was pink.  My brother, father of the bride, will be sending me pictures of the wonderful event that we missed.  Right now the Bride and Groom are on their honeymoon!  When they come back to their home, they will receive this card and gift.

And now for something completely different and creative outside of papercrafts!

On Sunday, I was having a really good day.  I made my homemade marshmallow fondant and colored 2 portions red and blue.  Let that sit overnight for the color and the taste to take.  Monday morning, I made the cake, the lemon cream cheese filling and butter cream icing to crumb seal.  While the cake was cooking away, I started on my fondant and design.  Yes, there are 13 stripes and 50 stars.  The 50 stars have the beautiful shimmering sparkle dust so that they have the WOW added to it.  That was to make sure that no one saw my crooked lines, heck, I never said I could draw or cut straight with my paper crafts so this proves it too, LOL!

Now for the amazing part of my project, it is the first time I have ever worked with Fondant!  I know it is a simple cake design but it came out exactly how I envisioned it to be.  I didn't get exhausted making it either.

We had a patriotic gathering at our home on Monday night and my contribution was the dessert, as always.  I couldn't let anyone down without having some type of dessert!

3 comments:

Louise Fox said...

Sheri, YOUR CAKE IS FAB!!!!! I love it! Who would believe it is your first time working with fondant - and marshmallow - my favorite! What is marshmallow made from anyway - I mean what gives it the flavor - a mallow plant that grows in the marsh? Is this a thing from New Orleans - there are lots of marshes there? Seriously, the placement of the stars looks so professional. I would have ruined it by trying to place them in some sort of structured pattern. Hey, could you use your SU wheels for patterns if you want?

A beautiful cake made by a beautiful person! Blessings, Louise

StampinSher said...

Louise,
If you drive up the 5 freeway, going north through the Cocachella Valley you can see thousands of Marshmallow plants right past the spaghetti trees and macaroni bushes!
Yes, I can use my SU wheels as long as I make them Food Safe first! I have been thinking about that as well with some of my stamps - Food Safe is the issue here and most important steps prior to using them.
Big Hugs,
Sher

Jane said...

Sher your card is just darling and what a wonderful gift for the Bride and Groom.
Your cake is fantatic and I bet it tastes as good as it looks...
I am so glad your feeling better...
Hugs