My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Big Party Night - 12-31-09

Happy New Year!
My husband and I are wishing all of you a very Happy, Prosperous and Healthy 2010.
I mentioned in yesterday's post that I was going to make a special cake and no matter how it turn out I was going to share. I am happy to say that I was successful and very pleased at the end results for both cakes! Yippee!!!!

I took one recipe and made two 6-layered cakes with a yummy lemon filling (very close to my lemon meringue pie). Why did I make the cake? I have a new mixer and I want to use it at least once a day either myself or my PC! Actually, it is a new recipe (for me to make) that we have in one of our 20 year old recipe books - Cajun Cooking! This is a typical dessert in the New Orleans area. Plus it is Lemon, Yummy Lemon!



I used my 6 inch x 2 inch round and square pans to make the cake.


Doesn't look too pretty here but keep looking!











The fun part, cutting the cakes in half. I just love the tool. I used to do this with Thread in the old days, LOL. Gosh this was a delicate step for a tiny cake.

Of course you always need to make a little dam wall with the frosting so the filling will never seep out.

By the way, the frosting is a cream cheese frosting with lemon rind in it.



Count the layers, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Half the recipe to make two different shaped cakes!


Here we go with the first cake for tonight's celebration.

We are going to bring in the
New Year with a group friends with a late night dinner party.










I like the round cake more. It is higher because even though both pans are 6x2, the spread is a little larger in the square to the round is taller.



What do you think?


Here is the second cake that I made to have at our home to enjoy next year 2010!

This is so perfect because most of the time a full cake goes to waste or should I say "waist" and we do not need to have that - either way you want to interpret waste or waist!












So speaking of the New Year, do you do a new year resolution?

I did when I was younger but when I became wiser (LOL). I decided never to do it again. Therefore, I will share some of my accomplishments for the 2009 year.


I finally purchased the Expression Cricut and I can't believe I lived without it since they came out with it. I originally purchased the original baby bug. Then the Expression was developed afterward. I've always recommended the Expression over the baby bug. So if you get to have your choice, go with the Expression. Time Saver, More Options, Larger LARGER Cuts, Fantastic working the Design Studio to make your own designs and so much more!


I actually joined two online stamping enthusiast clubs and made this blog to share my life about my favorite hobbies.


I've submitted my creations and WON plus purchased stamp sets at the Gina K. Design website.


I made monthly cards for 14 months in a row for 6 different people each and every month and if it was their birthday or holiday or special occasion, they still received a monthly card in addition.


I kept all of my commitments to swaps and challenges with both online stamping clubs including hosting a couple of swaps myself.


My main priority is my Husband who I call Prince Charming and refer to as PC which so many of you know him as that and sent us cards addressed and/or addressed emails that way too! Gosh, that placed a smile on both of our faces each time. It is so very special to us.

I made more people smile than frown.

I asked for help on a very special scrapbook project and this was a big deal for me because I usually do not care to do scrapbooks. It seems that scrapbooks carry the same theme throughout the whole album but when I came out and asked for help, OH MY, it was fabulous!

My most recent accomplishment is that I made myself healthier.

My doctor said to me to kept a journal of everything that I placed into my mouth along with a regular exercise program at home. Gosh, those are the two things I dislike! He said you are going to be so surprised at the calorie intake that you have been doing. I didn't believe him, I don't eat that much! HE WAS RIGHT! And the results are that I am healthier. I am able to sleep normal hours, have more energy, I don't have the feeling that my breathe is gone when I take a small walk or my heart is pounding so loud that the person across the room can hear it. I look better which makes me really happy and I didn't mind shopping for clothes (something that I dislike - shopping!). My recommended way of monitoring my intake and exercise isn't as hard as I thought it would be either. I'm very excited that I did what I've done since September of 2009. I'm still working hard to get rid of those extra few more pounds and then the maintaining will be a new way of life.


That is just about it for me and I'm sure if you get anything out of my accomplishments, I hope you are Healthy. It so very important not only for yourself but for the people who love you! So be sure you are healthy no matter what you have to do for yourself. You owe it to yourself. Maintain good health and do what your doctor recommends.

Happy New Year to you, my Friends!

No comments: