My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

My husband and I wish you a wonderful fun loving holiday with all of your family and friends.
This is our Christmas Card for 2009

With my new Expression Cricut (got a great deal on Black Friday!), I was able to cut out more than 40 Christmas Trees within minutes. I used my most favorite texture technique for the trees and placed them on top of my foil background that was inked and embossed (embossed with Cuttlebug for the pattern and heat embossed so the ink would not come off of the foil), placed a beautiful Double Bow made with my Bow Easy tool, added nestibilities scalloped circles and standard circles layered on top of each other and the final touch was adding the Jeweled Star. The ink I used for the words and outlining is Encore Silver Ultimate Metallic.

My other projects that I did prior to Christmas was to make cookies! It was tons of fun as you can see in the following pictures.
Notice the hand mixer!





First things first, I made my love of my life, PC (Prince Charming), his cookies first!




And now the cookies for our friends:

An old family recipe for Gingerbread men and ladies, Chocolate Mint Cookie Sandwich with dark chocolate mint ganache filling, Pecan based dough Stars with homemade Apriot Jam, Almond Orange Biscotti with and without dark chocolate dips, Lemon light puffs with white chocolate ganache frosting colored half green and red, Almond stars with white chocolate ganache frosting and sugar crystal colored blue, red and green, a typical sugar cookie with a very light white chocolate ganache sprinkled with red and green sugar crystals and for the final cookie in the package an old-fashion hard ginger snap snow flake lightly covered in powder sugar.

With all that baking, you really need a good mixer (reference my comment above using a hand mix for a different reason.), my six year old Dimension2000 (it is a wannabe Bosch or KitchenAid mixer) decided to BREAK on me after I started to make my gingerbread dough.

With my screaming, PC came running in for the rescue and said sweetie come with me now. He took me to Costco and I purchased my brand new very dependable and beautiful KitchenAid mixer and it was on special with an additional rebate savings! Then I was back in action again having tons of fun baking.




During this time of spiritual celebration, our family has suffered a very unexpected loss just this past week from a heart attack.

Rest In Peace GDR, April 16, 1951 - December 17, 2009

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

So sorry for your loss, Sheri.

But, your new Mixer is pretty nice. I love that happy grin. Yummy for the tummy cookies too.