My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Garden Fun

The garden is looking surprisingly good, especially since we've been gone for 9 days! Not too many weeds (Yippee) and the tomato plants appear to come back to life completely!!! The second crop of cilantro is sprouting and everything else is starting to look good for a hopeful crop of veggies and melons.

This year's garden has really been extremely strange for us and everyone in our neighborhood (our neighbor's tomato plants took a dive during these 9 days and died. Another neighbor came by this morning to tell me that their corn looks really sad.) and the trees in our neighborhood are starting to come back after many of them were beautiful in the beginning of Spring then appeared to be dying and now alive again - some of ours included! This growing season has really stumped all of us.

Pumpkins, oh my gosh! I have three of them now and two of them are huge already.





I went outside to the pumpkins to measure the diameter and to my surprise, this one is 40 inches so far!

It is still growing!!!








This one is only 20 inches in diameter.















The third one is too deep into the pumpkin leaves that I do not want to step in and hurt the plant. But let me tell you - it is the LARGEST one out there!

Holy Cow, I have a big one!




Compared to last year's crop, I had about 48 pumpkins all different sizes - from little to large, normal size you see in the store. This year's pumpkins are going to be fun and I hope I will be able to lift them up otherwise, I'm going to get my neighbor with his tractor - LOL. Just kiddin' PC will do it.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Tomato and Cilantro. I see salsa in the making. Yum.

Seeing your landscape sure reminds me of Reno where we used to live.

Welcome back.

Jeanette