Every so often everyone needs to have a baby card to welcome the precious new life into the world along with a congratulations to the Mommy & Daddy!
This card was a weekly challenge on Cardmaker Magazine with the theme that the baby card not have any pink or blue colors.
My colors were a natural block color highlighting with the burnt brown engraving look along with orange, green and yellow.
This card is for my Best Friend, my Prince Charming! There are a few interesting tricks that I did on this card that just might surprise you. Let's start off with the three little pearls that are pink in color. Those are NOT pearls. No they aren't. I make my own pop-dots with Aleene's Tack-It Over & Over glue. Once I make them, they can be utilized in many clever ways. This is one way. I can Color them once they are on my project to match any colors I'm using on my card. I used Copic RV04. Now because I colored the top of the homemade pearls they are no longer tacky to the touch! They look just like pearls in person and in the photograph.
My flower is homemade as well. Many years ago I was at a stamp convention type show where there were many companies showing off their goods. One particular stamp company made a few stamps with different flowers so people could use the stamps and do quilling.
I've used these stamps for many years and I still do. But this flower on the card is not from the stamp set, no it is not.
I have a dear friend who went to this year's CHA show in Los Angeles, Diane "Capadia". One of the interesting ideas were large roses and flowers made from paper.
Diane loved it so much that she was able to make a Spiral Rose File for both the Design Studio and Gypsy to use with the CRICUT machines!
This is heaven for me because that means I do not need to hand cut each flower and I don't have to stamp if I don't want to - it gives me another style of flower and it is cut with my Cricut! I am saving my hands and that means I can continue to do my hobbies for a longer period of time!
The paper I used for the flower is the background paper on the card itself, the flowing yellow and orange paper. I cut out the flowers using my Cricut, turned it over and then sponged the white side of the paper with yellow and pink ink in different directions. I quilled the flower and turned their pedals to flare a bit, that is what I accomplished - the flower that has color on both sides.
My leaves are also layered and again this is one of my favorite techniques that I really love to use for texture. Green cardstock, liquid applique and my leaf stamp. It feels just like soft suede.
This layout is not my idea whatsoever! At StampTV during this past week, we had our new Release Stamp Sets Party. There was a challenge for everyone to play and it just so happened to be this layout. There will be one lucky random drawing winner for this fun challenge. I entered it because of all of the unique layering. I love to layer and I layered a lot with the flower, paper on paper, copic colors on my pop-dots - ink and liquid applique - so I was in layering heaven!
I certainly hope that I was able to give you some interesting ideas that you might try yourself.
Thank for swing over to my blog today and I hope to see you again soon.
Happy Stampin' and make someone smile with one of your creations!



1 comment:
Hey, I just saw your latest posts. All great, but I especially like the flower! Hey, I have a great idea - I'll buy a Cricut so I can make one of those flowers too! The Carson show is coming up, so come on down! Blessings, L...
Post a Comment