My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy World Card Making Day! 10-6-2012

This card is serving a few purposes, first as the Birthday Card to a wonderful man who will be celebrating 81 years young, my father-in-law.  Next, it just so happens to be Happy World Card Making Day, today!  Finally, I joined the fun at StampTV with the FauxLayers Challenge with this card.

It is the challenge from Gina K. Designs with this great technique to make a card look like it has layers when it doesn't.

Stamp Sets are all Gina K. Designs:
The Journey
Pleasant Plurals
Various Verses
Inside and Out
Signed with Love

I used Spellbinders large labels to create the layer look and used different shades of blue ink pads with my cloud stencil.  The ribbon is self-adhesive by DCVW.  Gave it a little shine/bling with Gelly Roll, Clear Star on the chrome and headlights.

This completed project is done on one piece of Gina K. Design 120lb Ivory Cardstock.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I so admired this card on Stamp TV. It is a perfect masculine card and so clean and simple to make. Oh, and sorry, but I don't have a blog. Haven't gone that route yet, as I am on the computer too much already. LOL