If you go to my "books" page, I have several book recommendations except this year I haven't had the opportunity to share with you all of the books I've read. I've been busy reading and doing many other things besides posting on my blog. I'm so bad and I know it. I will update the books before the end of 2012 year.
Here is the back of the bookmark next to the book and please notice that the bookmark is long and 2-1/2 inches wide. We also took the time to personalized this bookmark with our own message to our friend. But you don't see the alcohol markers on the backside, well, that is because I doubled two exact size in measurements of papers and used adhesive to bond the papers together. I don't like seeing the colors go through on some of my papers - besides, we wanted to write a message. It all worked out nicely. I then made the punch for the ribbon and Xyron it before placing the ribbon on.
A close-up picture of the bookmark. I used alcohol (pens) markers called, Spectrum noir by Darice and I also used Copic markers. BTW, the the Spectrum noir work the same way as Copic except the Spectrum I purchased at a local well-known Craft and FABRIC store who happens to share the same name of one of my girlfriends but she spells it differently, Jo-anne. I was also extremely happy that I was able to use coupons to have a very reasonable price. I have 6 pens to a package that is a fraction of the cost in comparison. I see no difference in the two markers/pens that I used on this project with the exception of price. There are a plethora of colors and as I mention, they come in a package of 6. Check it out when your pocketbook needs to have some trimming and you need to have supplies.
My stamp sets are from many different companies in my collection and I wanted to match the ribbon with similar flowers and colors. The phrase is from Dream Impressions, Bookmark Quotes - perfect I thought!
If you need a great gift for any occasion, think of this holiday season too, it would be a handmade project including personal wonderful gesture to share a book that you read yourself to give to a family member and your friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment