My photo
I am always pleased to have you visit my blog and I hope I bring you Happiness and Smiles! So feel free to laugh and smile at what you read! My objective is to inspire everyone to have a better day when you visit. My husband is my Prince Charming, yes, I do believe in fairytales because wishes do come true! I'm living proof of that.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas Cards 2010

I made three different Christmas cards for this year.  It took me some time but it was well worth it.  I will apologize to you first, because I was not able to send all of my wonderful followers a Christmas card this year.  I'm sorry.  I just hope I will be able to inspire you and give you ideas in your creative card making.
Merry Christmas!
For these cards, I used an assortment of tools.  Stamp sets from Gina K. Designs, Stampin' Up, Dream Impressions and The Angel Company.  The Bow Easy tool (see Gina K. if you do not have one of these!), Liquid Applique, Cricut Expression and cartridge Designers Calendar, Glitter Glue, Lots of Cardstock, Cuttlebug and Cuttlebug Folder Snowflakes, Spellbinders Nestibilities, Ink, Embossing Powder and Christmas Paper!  Yes, Christmas Paper or any type of wrapping paper.
I stamped my Christmas paper with embossing ink and melted the white powder directly  on it.  The most time consuming part of this project was cutting each one out.  I like this idea so much because I do use my extra pieces of wrapping paper for my gift boxes when I use this stamp set.  Just think how it would look for so many other stamps and ideas!


 
This is the complete card with the gifts below the Christmas tree! All Christmas trees have liquid applique on it and I only heated a little bit to make it look more like snow.


If you notice on the snowman card there is a heart wrapped in the arms, we personalized each one of those hearts and wrote the names of the person who received this particular card.

For the little star on top of the Christmas Tree, I cut out one of the snowflakes from the cuttlebug folder and then placed glitter glue for an accent to pop the star out with sparkle!

I hope I was able to give you some different ideas as to fun everyday techniques in a different way of creating! 

Happy Creating!

No comments: