My PC and I have been sharing his computer and I've not been posting too much or participating in fun creative activities with my stampin' friends. Oh well. Life does go on without a laptop and I'm so grateful that Our life together with each other doesn't have to be dependent upon a computer - what would this now generation ever do without their electronics? How in the heck did we older folks (LOL) ever survive without a cell phone, IPod, computers, Driod, -- electronic goodies etc. We, older folks, can remember and we loved interacting face to face in many activities together! Hey, I really love the new electronic stuff and I do own and use it. Don't get me wrong. Yet, I know what it is like to see new inventions invented now. I thought I never would say these things because it was what my parents and grandparents would say! Funny how history repeats...
Thank goodness for years and years I've been enjoying my stampin' hobby and have a great collection of stamps and several new crafty peripherals (other than rubber stamps) that I am so fortunate to own. I even have stamp pads, refills, pens and papers of all sorts that are from the mid 1990's to present date!
I've been reviewing my old simple techniques, plus my sample cards, incorporating simple ideas and completing quick easy cards. Which happens to be Perfect timing!
My Mom is throwing a holiday party and I made these easy and quick invitations last weekend.
Our kids came to visit this past weekend and my DIL made the card below for her Aunt's birthday.
The front of the card.
Stamping with ink
Layering & Cuttlebug
Embellishment
Basic black outline stamp
Colored pencils
Joining & Block-out techniques
Always sign the back of your handmade card!
This is a unique and detailed signing, very creative and fun!
In closing of this posting, is the lesson of this small inconvenience (not having my laptop) for me.
Go back to life's treasures of basics - interact face to face and share.
And in stampin' hobby - keep it simple, review all of your collection, bring out those old ignored stamp sets and create! Most importantly, have fun and place a smile on someone's face with a card that you Handmade!
I challenge you to share your hobby with someone face to face.
3 comments:
Oh no not a sick computer. I think something is in the air. Lorne's just bit the big one. He fiddled and fiddled but couldn't get it running. So he got a new one. Love the card that your DIL made. She had a great teacher. How is your PC doing these days. Very good I hope.
Sounds as if you have been having a good time, super cards, and how lucky your DIL is to have you for a teacher.
big hugs
En xx
I wished we could live closer so you could teach me a few technique...
Post a Comment